Apriso Tobacco Product Industry Solutions:
Protecting Profits in an Era of Flat or Diminishing Sales
As global markets remain flat, Tobacco Products manufacturing must be consolidated to improve supply chain efficiency and profitability. Serving a greater number of markets and SKUs from fewer operations increases manufacturing and logistical complexity. Further, adhering to the evolving WHO FCTC Protocol on Anti-Illicit Trade continues to heighten traceability requirements.
Apriso Tobacco Industry solutions help you to address these challenges by improving supply chain visibility, increasing material synchronization, lowering inventory and production costs while supporting track and trace initiatives of branded products. The result is higher operational performance and lower manufacturing costs. The DELMIA Apriso Professional Services team and alliance partner network have considerable experience in successfully installing Apriso solutions for Tobacco Products Manufacturing, resulting in improved efficiency and quality while reducing costs.
The Solution for Today’s Tobacco Products Manufacturing Industry
With growing demands to be more responsive to customer preferences, winning in the tobacco industry requires forming a partnership with the right company. The first step is to establish a process-framework for manufacturing operations management to achieve and sustain operational excellence through continuous process improvement. Then establish a Center of Excellence (COE) with Apriso Industry solutions as your blueprint to replicate best practices and process improvements on a global scale.
Improve Responsiveness with Better Visibility and Control
- Reduce wrapping material, cut tobacco, filter and finished goods inventories
- Identify bottlenecks with better visibility into queues
- Reduce stockouts under vendor-managed inventory scenarios
- Cut cycle times and direct labor costs
Lower the Cost of Compliance
- Simplify internal procedures driven by governing agencies
- Automate excise stamp reconciliation and reporting process
- Automate tracking and tracing across supply chain
- Remove human error inherent in paper-based systems, providing electronic work steps, part and process traceability
Improve Quality; Lower Production Costs
- Provide process verification and genealogy for root-cause analysis
- Identify non-conformances in real-time, accelerating engineering changes
- Present a single execution portal interface for all workers
- Integrate quality and shop floor documentation for efficiency of use
Whether deployed initially in a production capacity for primary or secondary manufacturing, as a warehouse management solution for materials, semi or finished goods, as a quality management solution, or as a complete solution, Apriso solutions empowers tobacco product manufacturers to improve efficiency and respond quickly to increasing consolidation, evolving packaging requirements and growing traceability requirements while improving brand integrity and customer satisfaction.
With Apriso, you have the widest possible footprint for management visibility — across your entire enterprise. Performance is optimized across all aspects of the extended value chain, including your people, materials, machines and processes, as well as those of your suppliers. By transferring real-time data, signals, alerts, KPIs and business intelligence to and from any network location around the world, Apriso empowers manufacturers to respond quickly to strategy shifts, changing market conditions and unexpected events.
Some of the Tobacco manufacturers that have chosen to implement an Apriso solution include: