DELMIA Apriso 2016 – Prepare for Industrial Internet of Things and Leverage Big Data, Cloud and Mobility Technology to Accelerate Innovation
Dassault Systèmes has a rich history in driving technological disruptions that accelerate innovation. From introducing the industry’s first 3D design applications to launching the first Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution to introducing the world’s only 3DEXPERIENCE platform, Dassault Systèmes has consistently been a leader in providing technologically advanced solutions.
This pace of innovation continues today with the release of DELMIA Apriso 2016, the most significant DELMIA Apriso product portfolio update ever launched. To start, the DELMIA Apriso product suite has grown – three new applications are now available:
DELMIA Apriso applications continue to provide a “digital thread” to facilitate end-to-end traceability, closed-loop operations management and accelerated new product introduction. DELMIA Apriso 2016 goes a step further by leveraging big data, cloud and mobility technology within its Business Process Management (BPM) architecture to accelerate innovation, on an enterprise scale. Improved abilities to harness operations intelligence, collaborate via mobile devices and access analytics from the cloud yielding greater agility and resulting in an accelerated pace of innovation and continuous process improvement.
Unlike a rigid Manufacturing Execution System that operates as a plant-based application, DELMIA Apriso products offer real-time, global visibility into, control over and synchronization across global manufacturing operations. Functionality within DELMIA Apriso products can be managed as an end-to-end process because of a shared business process management framework and unified data model. This architecture makes continuous process improvement more effective and universally applied across your enterprise.
One example of how the DELMIA Apriso 2016 product portfolio aligns with today’s Smart Manufacturing initiatives is Global Traceability (GT), which now better incorporates manufacturing intelligence to let manufacturers track products throughout their life cycle. As a second generation solution, GT is now a part of the DELMIA Apriso Manufacturing Process Intelligence (MPI) architecture. Resulting benefits include accelerated access to manufacturing intelligence and streamlined integration with DELMIA Apriso and other third party applications.
A partial listing of DELMIA Apriso 2016 improvements:
Supports Smart Manufacturing strategies:
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) architecture is pre-configured to support automated processes involving machine and human communications
- Embed intelligence capabilities as part of pre-programmed responses, to increase agility and responsiveness
- Access Cloud-based services to help expand the universe of IoT devices
- Harness plant-based analytics to empower shop floor workers to implement process improvement
- Create unique, role-based performance metrics to unlock new visibility to process improvement opportunities
- Identify and resolve a wide scope of potential issues, which can then be more efficiently addressed to streamline greater opportunities and resources for process innovation
Improves Efficiency – Identifies and Resolves Issues Quickly:
- Embed issue identification and management as part of how operations management is performed, for virtually any production-related issue, to shorten time to resolution
- Standardized workflows help prevent issue reoccurrence, thereby improving operational excellence
- Centralized data repository and user interface provides a more efficient approach to continuous process improvement and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)