Leverage Big Data from Across the Enterprise to Gain Insights from Global Track and Trace Initiatives
Manufacturers face ever-increasing complexity in their quest to provide the highest quality products in the shortest possible timeframe for the lowest cost. At the same time, most must comply with an evolving set of regulations requiring product traceability of all materials and components, whether the finished goods are manufactured at one of many company-owned locations or sourced externally.
Manufacturers today need a way to consolidate data not only from their own disparate manufacturing, quality and warehousing systems, but from external sources throughout the supply and distribution of their products.
Dassault Systèmes delivers these capabilities with DELMIA Apriso Global Traceability (GT), which consolidates detailed product, genealogy and event data from multiple plants and disparate systems into a single, global repository. By combining this centralized repository with a global manufacturing platform that utilizes native Business Process Management (BPM) capabilities, Global Traceability provides a flexible and adaptive application that can fit into any IT environment. And, by leveraging its manufacturing intelligence and analytical framework, this application offers better visibility to product or compliance issues while enabling faster, more comprehensive root cause analysis.
There are many reasons why manufacturers must closely track production processes both within and beyond the four walls of the factory. Top objectives of implementing a global traceability solution today are as follows:
- Brand Protection – A powerful framework to visualize and monitor detailed product genealogy and traceability data to proactively ensure compliance
- Quality Improvement – A coordinated, collaborative response to any quality issue can minimize immediate impact, as well as to accelerate responsiveness to reduce risk of “escapes”
- Foundation for Smart Manufacturing – A central repository of product traceability data is an ideal foundation for cross site process benchmarking, predictive analysis and continuous improvement or planning systems; each of these activities become more paramount when seeking to streamline responses and process automation within standardized workflows, as will likely be part of future of smart manufacturing initiatives
Accelerate Time to Deployment. If you are considering implementation of a global traceability solution, a critical challenge to overcome is unlocking disparate product and process traceability and genealogy data residing in multiple siloed systems. Avoid reliance on quality or process engineers when investigating quality and compliance issues. DELMIA Apriso Global Traceability automatically moves data from the source systems, across all plants, to its single, unified, global repository. The result is comprehensive, end-to-end traceability without “rip & replace” of your existing manufacturing and quality systems.
Key Capabilities include:
- Store product trace and genealogy data in a single, global repository
- Shorten response time to contain issues with near real-time visibility into manufacturing Big Data
- Accelerate time to deployment by avoiding rip and replace strategies of existing systems
- Drive operational agility by leveraging a business process centric solution
- Unlock new frontiers for business innovation by expanding effectiveness of continuous process improvement initiatives