FlexNet Version 9.6 – the Next Generation of Manufacturing Software to Advance Support for Paperless Manufacturing and Accelerate New Product Introduction
Apriso has a history of leading the manufacturing software industry with innovative solutions to meet the complexity of global manufacturing. Apriso’s predecessor product, FlexNet 9.6, introduced advanced role-based electronic work instructions and improved process feedback loops to support greater collaboration between engineering and manufacturing, made possible in part by FlexNet’s Business Process Management (BPM)-based architecture. Immediate benefits are that line-of-business and IT personnel can more easily collaborate when designing, modeling and implementing new business processes leading to greater efficiency and agility when responding to today’s dynamic market conditions.
Unlike a rigid Manufacturing Execution System that operates as a plant-based application, Apriso’s FlexNet provided real-time, visibility into, control over and synchronization across all manufacturing operations on a global scale – including your product supply network – thereby offering a more holistic solution to manage and continuously improve operations. Further, when Apriso launched FlexNet 9.6, it offered improved abilities to capture and share business intelligence with Apriso Manufacturing Process Intelligence (MPI), a second generation product that delivers real-time, role-based visibility and out-of-the-box ability to measure KPIs and other important metrics that help you drive greater performance and manufacturing efficiency.
Here is a partial listing of significant FlexNet 9.6 improvements, which have all been rolled into the current Apriso product suite:
Better Support for Paperless Manufacturing:
- Easier modification of role-based electronic work instructions (eWI) by line-of-business users
- Track quality defects with Visual Quality Defect Tracking (vQDT), a visual digital representation of where quality defects occur for quality improvement (see announcement)
- Expanded real-time visibility into manufacturing process performance and intelligence (see announcement)
Accelerated New Product Introduction (NPI):
- Expanded business process re-use, standardization and collaboration
- Better change and process management capabilities for continuous process improvement
- Greater linking of manufacturing process definitions from Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) to ease process adherence and enforcement
Expanded Support for Mobility in Manufacturing:
- Seamless access to applications available on the Microsoft Windows 8 platform
- FlexNet 9.6 also offered mobile access for Apple and Android users
- Each of these capabilities are now available on the Apriso suite of manufacturing operations applications
FlexNet lets you manage manufacturing operations as end-to-end processes due to its unified Business Process Management (BPM) framework and data model. This architecture expands effectiveness of continuous process improvement by ensuring they are universally applied across your enterprise. Advanced, role-based electronic work instructions (eWI) can be more readily updated by business users without the need for IT involvement. New Electronic Manufacturing Records capabilities provide efficient traceability of all manufacturing elements, including process, components, people, equipment and quality characteristics, among others. This functionality is especially useful for manufacturers in highly regulated industries such as aerospace and defense manufacturing, allowing cost effective proof of compliance and greater process reusability and standardization across sites.