Capture Product Genealogy and Traceability to Improve Accuracy and Protect Brand Equity
(click to enlarge)
Global manufacturers with distributed operations facing stiff competition and evolving regulations require a robust and seamless infrastructure for capturing genealogy and traceability data from across their operations. Such capabilities help prevent adverse quality events from happening, while enabling quick containment and targeted recalls if they do, to grow revenues and protect brand equity. Industry research suggests a major impediment to success with product traceability initiatives is the proliferation of multiple data repositories for manufacturing product genealogy, traceability and quality intelligence. This inconsistency often results in poor data accuracy and untimely access to intelligence. Apriso solutions for global manufacturing operations management can overcome this challenge by providing a platform-like architecture to enable greater visibility, control and collaboration across your entire manufacturing enterprise.
The Apriso Global Traceability and Containment solution helps to ensure brand integrity by providing the collaboration and visibility needed to perform detailed quality investigations and root cause analysis. With a unified data model that captures and persists standardized data across production, quality, maintenance, inventory and supply chain operations, manufacturers can move quickly to identify and isolate suspect product to prevent nonconforming goods from escaping into the distribution channel and reaching customers. Manufacturers can more effectively take corrective actions and perform continuous improvement that addresses both structured and unstructured quality activities and operations processes.
Apriso Global Traceability and Containment solution is platform-centric, so can serve as a track and trace "hub" that spans the needs of manufacturers and supply chain partners. This highly flexible approach to global traceability and genealogy helps manufacturers to:
- Improve collaboration – between corporate quality, manufacturing sites and trade partners to better coordinate corrective actions, reducing manual and time-consuming tasks prone to error
- Centralize track and trace reporting – without requiring replacement of existing manufacturing systems to provide better insight into product genealogy and packaging hierarchy at any time
- Handle high volumes of traceability data – without impacting operational performance, as data is received from plants, suppliers and logistics providers
- Capture detailed global traceability and genealogy data automatically – from multiple sources, to help reduce risk, protect brand equity and help reduce the threat of counterfeiting
- Establish unique product identification schemes – that utilize existing RFID and barcode scanning technologies, leveraging these existing investments
- Address changing and emerging compliance requirements – by providing readily available, detailed product pedigrees to demonstrate auditable compliance and product authenticity
Industry-based Apriso traceability solutions were built based on best practices gained over years of implementation experience. The following industry-specific solutions are now available:
Global Traceability & Containment Solution Brochure
Read how this global solution effectively consolidates data from multiple plants and disparate systems.