Automotive Manufacturers – Ensure Consistent Quality, Maintain Compliance and Improve Agility across Global Operations
Apriso’s Global Traceability and Containment solution for automotive manufacturers provides a centralized repository and process framework to collect and store all the necessary product genealogy and traceability data from both your internal systems and supply chain partners. This framework helps to ensure consistently higher product quality through better data governance and the standardization of both structured and unstructured data. Automotive manufacturers can benefit through faster identification and isolation of potential product defects across their extended global manufacturing network.
As a dynamic solution, Apriso’s automotive traceability solution enables global collaboration around common manufacturing processes and components that are required to support today’s global vehicle platform production requirements. Better visibility to inventory and supply chain processes results in more accurate order fulfillment and faster resolution to product quality issues, should they occur. Rapid response in identifying and holding potential suspect materials, components or assemblies across your distributed manufacturing network is the difference between managing spill containment versus a global catastrophe.
Implementing an Apriso Global Traceability and Containment solution can directly impact two of the most pressing issues in the industry today: maintaining consistent quality on a global scale to limit exposure to product defect and regulatory-driven product recalls while reducing warranty costs and meeting ever-increasing customer performance requirements. Specific capabilities of Apriso’s industry solution include:
- Process collaboration – between manufacturers and trade partners to better coordinate corrective actions, reducing manual and time-consuming tasks prone to error
- Centralized track and trace reporting – enabling better insight into product genealogy and packaging hierarchy at any time
- Supply chain synchronization – to better connect those involved in analyzing and taking corrective actions on quality issues for more timely resolution
- Handle high volumes of traceability data – without impacting operational performance, as data is received from plants, suppliers and logistics providers
- Establish unique product identification schemes – that utilize existing RFID and barcode scanning technologies, leveraging these existing investments
Apriso's Global Traceability and Containment solution is derived from a scalable process-based architecture ideal for Tier 1, Powertrain and OEM automotive manufacturing. The solution is designed to track product genealogy hierarchies at a highly granular level, helping to ensure better data standardization. This solution uniquely synchronizes and tracks business processes spanning manufacturing, warehouse and quality operations – both within FlexNet and other third-party applications – on a global scale to facilitate greater collaboration across business units and trade partners.
Apriso's other global traceability and containment solutions include: