Enhance the Value of Product Lifecycle Management by Closing Critical Gaps of Planned vs. Actual Production
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems help manufacturers engineer and build products according to design specifications. Systems that are integrated to the shop floor can accelerate new product introductions, improve yield, enhance quality and ensure higher product consistency. However, making all of that happen efficiently and cost effectively on the plant floor has been difficult – until now.
Apriso solutions enable closed loop manufacturing between engineering and production, allowing the design plans and simulations to become a reality on the shop floor. Apriso integrates your bill of processes to accelerate new product introductions, capturing as-built manufacturing data to deliver production intelligence to PLM systems, with full interlocking traceability and integrity. Apriso's as-built information includes the specific parts used in building the product, the actual production steps taken, and any associated monitoring and quality control processes.
As production ramps up, Apriso can feed production results back to engineering, allowing you to optimize processes and insure that deviations do not occur. The result is continuous improvement across all operations from design to production on the plant floor. Furthermore, Apriso is uniquely positioned to accelerate global new product introduction by distributing and managing production best practices across your plants around the world.
Apriso can be part of your digital manufacturing solution by integrating advanced 3D simulation tools and collaborative product lifecycle management (PLM) software to visibly manage products through their manufacturing process, effectively closing the loop with PLM by:
- Seamlessly integrating with PLM and other enterprise systems such as Siemens, Dassault Systèmes, PTC, SAP, and Oracle through Apriso Business Integrator
- Receiving PLM specifications or ERP production orders and mapping them to the right production process
- Delivering product related schematics, product and Bill of Materials (BOM) data and process work instructions to plant floors
- Providing valuable product traceability data on as-built records, which can then be compared to as-designed and as-planned specifications
- Interfacing PLM instructions to the various suppliers that work with production to achieve enormous gains in flexibility, control and efficiency
- Tracking labor and other resource utilizations against orders and product specifications to measure efficiencies
- Monitoring and recording subassemblies, components, substitute parts, and raw materials issued against orders
- Enabling interlocking traceability of product and processes so that at any given step, Apriso can halt production, inventory, or suspect operations if quality tolerances are out of specification
- Deploy tested and best manufacturing practices across the global plant network to accelerate new product introduction and scale production volumes